The Building of a Civilization of Love

The third area of commitment that comes with love is that of daily life with its multiple relationships. I am particularly referring to family, studies, work and free time. Dear young friends, cultivate your talents, not only to obtain a social position, but also to help others to “grow”. Develop your capacities, not only in order to become more “competitive” and “productive”, but to be “witnesses of charity”. In addition to your professional training, also make an effort to acquire religious knowledge that will help you to carry out your mission in a responsible way. In particular, I invite you to carefully study the social doctrine of the Church so that its principles may inspire and guide your action in the world. May the Holy Spirit make you creative in charity, persevering in your commitments, and brave in your initiatives, so that you will be able to offer your contribution to the building up of the “civilisation of love”. The horizon of love is truly boundless: it is the whole world!

- Pope Benedict XVI, WYD 2007 MESSAGE, Growing in love each day


3:12. Not as though I had already attained, or were already perfect: but I follow after, if I may by any means apprehend, wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus.
3:13. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do: Forgetting the things that are behind and stretching forth myself to those that are before,
3:14. I press towards the mark, to the prize of the supernal vocation of God in Christ Jesus.


-St. Paul to Philippians

Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Let there be Light"

Christmas is already here!!!
The season of love. A time to thing really seriously about others, family and friends. A time to be together. I am still not really ready as I should. I am not even feeling ready to blog even thought I want to very much. And I think I have time since I am not working next week. But again I have many things to do with some friends and phone calls to make all over.

Well, I have been meditating on different ways people are preparing for Christmas. One thing which was very interesting was listening to different local stations at work. It is amazing how we have lost the sense of Christmas. I am really blessed to have found a good christian radio to listen to for the past few months and especially this Christmas season. The following videos are illustrations of the songs that were mostly prayed on different stations (I picked three here: Praise106.5, 103.5QMFM, and The Beat 94.5). This stations are really like a two extremes and the middle one in function of what is more religious or more secular.

The song were sung mostly on Friday on the corresponding station. I should indicate that I have arranged the stations from less popular to most popular


Praise 106.5FM.

This is my favorite








Great song and interesting illustration made by someone on youtube.









103.5QM FM (2)













You may not believe it but the following song prayed about five times before noon (that is in five hours: 0700-1200) on The Beat 94.5 FM, I really wondered what going on in the minds and hearts who are asking for it at this Christmas time.









The Child that is born for us is the Light of the world. He teaches us to forgives always, because our Father forgive us always. No one should feel that it is too late to forgive or to be forgiven or to apologize. How far have we gone from Christ!!!

As you came down you have notice that many people seem to be having a depressed Christmas. Too sad. We seem to be at the point of worshiping the creature instead of the Creator. And when our god crash us down we go depressed. Let's focus our attention on the child of God. The real object of our admiration and adoration. The one we should worship and look at for forgiveness and peace in our hearts. The Light that came to us to shine in our darkness, and let's try to make this season a season of love. Joseph and Mary had all reason to be depressed considering that everyone had turned them away to the point of having no other option than the manger. But still they had great reason to rejoice. They had nothing but they had God with him. And all angels, stars and other creatures were around to celebrate. Let's pray for each other so that the command of God may be done in our hearts. That the Light of the world may come in us, incarnate in our heart and pierce all darkness.

No comments: