The Building of a Civilization of Love

The third area of commitment that comes with love is that of daily life with its multiple relationships. I am particularly referring to family, studies, work and free time. Dear young friends, cultivate your talents, not only to obtain a social position, but also to help others to “grow”. Develop your capacities, not only in order to become more “competitive” and “productive”, but to be “witnesses of charity”. In addition to your professional training, also make an effort to acquire religious knowledge that will help you to carry out your mission in a responsible way. In particular, I invite you to carefully study the social doctrine of the Church so that its principles may inspire and guide your action in the world. May the Holy Spirit make you creative in charity, persevering in your commitments, and brave in your initiatives, so that you will be able to offer your contribution to the building up of the “civilisation of love”. The horizon of love is truly boundless: it is the whole world!

- Pope Benedict XVI, WYD 2007 MESSAGE, Growing in love each day


3:12. Not as though I had already attained, or were already perfect: but I follow after, if I may by any means apprehend, wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus.
3:13. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do: Forgetting the things that are behind and stretching forth myself to those that are before,
3:14. I press towards the mark, to the prize of the supernal vocation of God in Christ Jesus.


-St. Paul to Philippians

Monday, August 6, 2007

Please pray for Schoenstatt here in Canada



Last time I forgot to ask for your prayers for Schoenstatt here in Canada.

In Vancouver, we are currently going through some legal actions in order to introduce the Schoenstatt movement in canadian parishes. Please pray for us, for those who have already been introduced to Schoenstatt, and for those who will be. Pray that our Mother be victorious. That Christ increase in us and that we decrease!

Child of God, what have you done up to now to help the souls around you? You
cannot be content with that passiveness, with that idleness of yours. He wants
to reach others through your example, through your words, through your
friendship, through your service.
– St. Josemaria Escriva, The Forge, #880




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Emely, and I'm from Schoenstatt Youth, here in Brazil. I´m planning on visiting Canadá next year, and I would like to know if there is a reference where I can find or talk to someone from Shoenstatt Movement, in Vancouver.
Best regards, since Shoenstatt Brazil!

Unknown said...

Yes, Emely there are schoenstatters in Vancouver!
Welcome in Canada. Let me know. You can check the SchoenstattYouth web site and search for canadian members. For the moment all the members are in Vancouver.

In our MTA

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Laura, I'm Peruvian but I live in Victoria BC.
I was part of the Schoenstatt Movement in Lima, Peru.
Now I'm living in Victoria and would like to meet anyone interested in becoming a schoenstatter in Victoria

Anonymous said...

hello my dears brothers in the faith, my name is Miguel, I recently arrived from Chile and now I'm living near to Barrie for 4 months,and then come back again to my country, where I'm participating in the activities of the Schoenstatt Movement in Concepcion, I bring my pryer to my canadian brothers, and specially for us.

sincerily

Miguel

GUILLERMO FIEBELKORN said...

Hi Alain
there are more Schoenstatters in Canada than the ones in Vancouver. We have a list of at list 20 e-mail addresses from people that live in Portage La Prairie, MB; Winnipeg, MB; Mississauga, ON; Toronto, ON; Montreal, QC; and who knows where else...
Please keep us posted with more people visiting your blog. It looks good.
Nos cum Prole Pia, Benedicat Virgo Maria

Unknown said...

hey, thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is José Domingo Cruz, and I'm from Schoenstatt Youth, here in Chile. I´m planning on visiting Canadá next December for three month, and I would like to know if there is a reference where I can find or talk to someone from Shoenstatt Movement, in Vancouver.
Best regards, since Santiago, Chile

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is José Domingo Cruz, and I'm from Schoenstatt Youth, here in Chile. I´m planning on visiting Canadá next December for three month, and I would like to know if there is a reference where I can find or talk to someone from Shoenstatt Movement, in Toronto.
Best regards, since Santiago, Chile

P.D: sorry it was on Toronto, not at Vancouver!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jose,

I currently don't have any contact for any Schoenstatter in Toronto. I know there are some but I don't have their contacts. I will ask people around here and see if I can find a contact for you.

God bless

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your notice. I'll wait for any information.

Sincerely José Domingo Cruz

GUILLERMO FIEBELKORN said...

Hola Laura
si me contactas podria darte informacion de Schonstattianos del Paraguay que viven en Victoria
Monica y Will Fiebelkorn
Winnipeg MB
perfecta@mts.net

GUILLERMO FIEBELKORN said...

José Domingo Cruz
la familia Toro vive en Toronto, si nos contactaras podria ver de ponerte en contacto con ellos.
Nos cum Prole Pia

Monica y Will Fiebelkorn
Winnipeg, MB
perfecta@mts.net

GUILLERMO FIEBELKORN said...

Thanks Alain God Bless you and your Blog!
Will

GUILLERMO FIEBELKORN said...

Hi Alan
we have just created a page on Facebook "Schoenstatt Canada". We'd wish schoenstatters around Canada will join and we will then be able to share experiences.
Nos cum Prole Pia, Benedicat Virgo Maria
Will Fiebelkorn

Anonymous said...

My name is Luíza and I am planning to live in Canada Next year.
I saw Guillermo Fiebelkorn post about Schoenstatters that live in Montreal.
Guillermo can you please send me an e-mail about those Schoenstatters?
It´s luiza_frega@hotmail.com
Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am looking for Schoenstatters who lives in Montreal.
I saw Guillermo´s post about that...can you please contact me? My e-mail Is luiza_frega@hotmail.com
Thank you!
Luíza Fregapani

Unknown said...

Rien sans vous! Rien sans nous! he is my gretting to all of you. It means nothing without You(God) and Nothing without us(shoenstatt faithful).I live in Toronto and i would love people who are practiced schoenstatt charism in their home place to contact me at angebizi@yahoo.fr
The first time I entered shoenstatt was when I was 13 and then I consecrated myself the Mother of God when I was 16. So, its has been a while now. you can contact me from anywhere in the world if you need to share some tremendous spiritual experiences. You acn even meet me in person if you are in Toronto and we can organize some prayers and ministry together.

Thanks and God bless. In union of prayer

Angelo

Unknown said...

"Rien sans vous! Rien sans nous!"
Plaisir d'attendre ces mots d'ici au Canada.

Thanks for sharing, I will contact you shortly and I hope others will get to you as well.

God bless